The API Q1 Training & Coaching requirements are essential to compliance and certification
Management systems ensure the performance of the people in the business is central to achieving the required standard. Critically, API Q1 or Q2 Training & Coaching are no different. Ensuring everyone in the organisation has appropriate training is a key development point for organisations going through the certification process. The API Q1 & Q2 requirements place emphasis on training at all levels in the organisation. So, training should ensure…
- API Q1 & Q2 specify a quality management system for the organisation with management compliance requirements to meet.
- All levels of the organisation must have appropriate training to understand the requirement of the API-U Specification Q1 or Q2.
- Staff in the organisation mus understand the product specification for use in the petroleum and natural gas industry.
- All employees must have an understanding of and commitment to the development and implementation of the management system development and implementation with the organisation.
- Training in the management system, as well as for working with the product should be appropriate to the level of involvement within the organisation. Thus, different training programs targeted for a variety of roles will ensure proper understanding for the type of work being undertaken within the system.
Consequently, this wide scope provides for a number of different computer programs within the organisational structure. It follows that your staff should be well matched to the demands of the work. So, it makes sense to develop an attendance and competencies matrix which is unique to the organisation. Further, to ensure that the system you develop is effective, your organisation should develop a clearly established set of lines of responsibility and involvement in the system.
Who should attend API Q1 or Q2 Training & Coaching sessions?
Understanding the importance of different roles within the training process will help your organisation to meet the requirements of the API Q1 Standard. There is a minimum scope for training with the API scheme. Your groups should involve, at least, the following groups in the business…
- Existing API certified Licensees and those applying for certification.
- Members of the senior leadership team of the organisation.
- Quality Managers, other quality personnel and departmental quality representatives.
- Quality System Auditors, assistant audit staff, and personnel involved in supplier assessments.
- Oil equipment engineers, quality engineers, calibration engineers and personnel involved in specification work for equipment and contracts.
- Supply chain directors, managers, production managers/supervisors, sales and sales support staff.
- Department managers and support staff with supervisor capacity.
- Operations staff working with specifications, specified equipment and procedures.
Basically, this wide scope of inclusion is important. That is because it creates the interface between the requirements of the management system and the implications of the latest specification.
What benefits will there be from a tailored API Q1 or Q2 training and coaching programme?
The development of a specific programme for your organisation will benefit the long-term development of your business in the following ways…
- Clarification of lines of responsibility and the decision-making lines through the organisation.
- Improved, fact-based, decision making from more effective records and data management.
- Minimisation of risk in business decisions from improved planning and control factors in the management system.
- Operational clarifications to improve process efficiency.
- Improved identification, traceability and record management.
- Better safety performance and mitigation of safety risks.
- Direct business outcomes (profits and return on investment).
- Higher staff awareness of the operational fundamentals of the system.
- Improved communications throughout the organisation.
The above benefits will, certainly reflect the situation to a lesser or greater degree in every organisation. It is very important that your training programme meets the specific niche requirements of your business sector. However, our experience has shown that building a niche programme for our clients has increased the opportunities for payback. This is because, there is a more direct connection between the requirements of the management system and your specific business situation and position in the market. So, with the new emphasis on the management of risk, you will be building a more resilient organisation.
An organisation’s ability to learn and translate that learning into action rapidly is the ultimate competitive advantage.~ Jack Welch,Former CEO,General Electric.
What does the training provide?
The API Q1 and Q2 training picks up the details from the standards. Consequently, the changes in the standard dictate the training scope for your latest programme of training. Therefore, the following aims form the core of the training…
- Comprehension of the background for the changes in the current specification.
- Understanding of the requirements of the application for certification.
- Delivery of the change of philosophy from a process-based system to a risk-based management system.
- Integration of the existing management system into the new requirements.
- Awareness of and changes necessitated within the competency framework for the business as a result of the requirements.
- How the API Q1, Q2 and other aspects of the management system fit into the global supply chain and upstream impact on customers.
- The geographical factors that affect the system and its management.
- Practical ways the system impacts employees at all levels.
These aspects of the training have far reaching implications for the way the business is run. Therefore, there is a need for close coordination between the training body and the various levels and operations in the organisation. CHARTER4 have developed proven methods of pursuing these training channels. In pursuit of clarity for the training candidates, effective communication is particularly important. Next, we have found that working directly with with engaged groups and representatives also speeds up the specification of the training. Altogether, these measures lead to the engagement of staff and promotes good leadership communications. Therefore, by deploying these principles, we have seen across-the-board performance improvements.
The specific objectives of API Q1 and Q2 training
CHARTER4 depends on working directly with the candidate trainees and groups. This is to ensure that the relevant training is delivered to meet the aims of the programme. However, there are some specific and measurable objectives that complement the strategic goals of the organisation. In detail, these are to…
- Meet the requirements of the API Q1 or Q2 Management system.
- Ensure certification to the standard specified.
- Document and meet the operational requirements of the new emphasis within the Standard.
- Integrate the API Q1 Standard with other management standards established by your organisation (for example, ISO 9001).
- Establishment of a strong risk management emphasis in the documentation and support of the system.
- Launch the project management of the application process.
CHARTER4 have in the past played different roles in meeting these objectives. However, we also emphasise key aspects of the project. These include the delivery of assistance and support in the planning and definition of the projects themselves. We have also provided a significant proportion of training. In addition, we have worked with, and enabled, local coaching schemes to get underway involving in situ staff. This increases the spread of awareness and understanding of the standard. Furthermore, it speeds up the development of the project overall.
Improve your business, rather than just comply
Many organisations working as support for projects like this are focussed on ticking all the relevant boxes to ensure compliance and, ultimately, certification. Often, this leaves little room for actual business improvements.
CHARTER4 believe in a different focus. The emphasis in our work has always been to improve your business. We point out ways to make efficiencies. We focus on helping you to streamline and develop your management system. Significantly, our aim is to not only help you comply, but also to build a more robust and agile response to the competitiveness of the market in this industry.
We would like to work with you. Specifically, we would like you to tell us how we can help you build your business through this project. Our aim is to see improvements to your business returns AND to comply with the Standard. Our experience has proven it can be done. If you would like to know more please click one of the buttons below.
Certification with Charter 4 – the Business Benefits
- Improve, rather than just comply.
- Full service and ongoing support to compliment your resources.
- Build on your Processes & Systems (no standard templates).
- Help defining your Best Practice.
- Certification by independent UKAS accredited Assessors.
- 100% Success & guaranteed support until Certification.
- Help to get Government Grant (when available).
- Flexible support to complement your resources.
CHARTER4 – Partners you with the experience and insight to help you grow using management Standards. We will help you improve your business, rather than just comply with the Standards.