GDPR and Privacy Notices
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Businesses will be aware that the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are now in place. This legislation is now a part of the UK law.
The regulations give consumers greater control over the gathering of personal data as well as how it is stored and used. GDPR has introduced massive fines based on global turnover for companies that breach requirements to comply. There are 8 principles set out in GDPR and these follow on from the Data Protection Act 1998, which it replaces.
The eight principles
These ensure that personal data must be…
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate and up-to-date
- kept for no longer than necessary
- processed in line with their rights
- not transferred to other countries without adequate protection
With respect to the GDPR regulations, Charter4 adheres to the given principles and expects other organisations to comply with respect to their work with us.
At Charter 4 Solutions, we respect your personal and other data. This Fair Processing Notice explains how we will use your personal data when you use our website.
What personal data do we collect?
When you use our website and contact us, we will collect the following personal data about you:
- name, email, phone, company and your enquiry.
- IP Address/ MAC address and other information when you use the website. All web servers track basic information about their visitors. This information includes IP addresses, browser details, timestamps and referring pages (as well as other possible data). None of this information can personally identify specific visitors to this site. Information tracking for routine administration and maintenance purposes also takes place if relevant.
We need your name and contact details in order to answer your enquiry and we process this data with your consent. Your IP address and MAC address is also held for security reasons. This is a legitimate activity for a business. We will hold your personal data that we collected to answer your enquiry. The latter is in case you have additional queries or work for you.
We will send you marketing information when you consent for us to do so. You have the right to unsubscribe to marketing at any time. If you do choose to unsubscribe, we will keep your name and email address on a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident. We will keep you on this suppression list for five years, after which your name and email will be deleted.
automated decision making?
We do not use any automated decision making.
Lawful basis for processing
- Consent: as part of your contacting Charter 4 Solutions concerning possible support or assistance
- Contract: the processing is necessary for the performance if there is a contract with you.
Do we share your personal data?
We share your personal data with the following recipients:
- Relevant consultant/s
- our software providers
- cloud service providers
- website host, if you contact us via our website
We do not sell our Customer information to third parties. This includes our mailing list as well as any email information and any personal information provided privately and in good faith.
Is your personal data transferred out of the UK?
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the UK.
You have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data which are:
- Access your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people).
- The ability to rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.
- To request that we erase your personal data if:
- we no longer need it;
- if we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent;
- if we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
- we are processing your personal data unlawfully
- Freedom to object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest.
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
- You are free to request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out automated means.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us as most matters can be resolved informally in the first instance.
Charter 4 Solutions
14 Stanley Road
Newbury RG14 7PB
The Information Commissioner
You have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk