ISO 45001 certification was developed as a similar approach to the ISO 9001 certification but covers the management of Occupational Health & Safety risks and responsibilities. ISO 45001 replaces OHSAS 18001 ss the Occupational Health & Safety Management Standard. Its requirements are based on Best Practice to assist managing your Health & Safety responsibilities and risks, the prevention of injury & ill health as well as continual improvement.
Click the following links for more specific information:
– What is ISO 45001 Certification?
– Benefits of ISO 45001 Certification
– Why you need it?
– How to gain ISO 45001 Certification?
– How much does it cost?
What is ISO 45001?
As the system is documented, the relevant legal and other requirements, to your business, are considered and documented as well as the relevant Health & Safety risks. Then you specify how to reduce, control and manage them. The Standard does not specify particular Health & Safety performance criteria.
ISO 45001 replaces OHSAS 18001 so it is now truly an International Standard and uses the same index as ISO 9001 and the recently updated Management Standards. This greatly aids integration of Health & Safety with other Management Standards like ISO 9001 for Quality and ISO 14001 for Environmental. It also encourages more holistic and proactive approach.
Note: In the UK, any business employing more than 5 employees must have conducted a Risk Assessment & document significant findings. Traditionally H&S are reactive to the latest legal requirement. They often result in a cumbersome and fragmented documentation, which is difficult to implement & maintain as well as confusing to employees. Instead ISO 45001 is based on a risk based and integrated approach.
ISO 45001 is relevant to any business that wants to ensure that it look after employees, conforms to its legal and other responsibilities, and manages its Health & Safety risks. All the parts of ISO 45001 should be included into any Health & Safety management system. However, every Health & Safety system will differ because of the differences of activities, services and location.
Benefits of ISO 45001?
- Reduce your Health & Safety Risks. Reduce injury & ill health. ISO 45001 provides externally verified assurance that you are working to a documented system to reduce your Health & Safety Risks and are committed to improve. In Europe over the last 20 years, there has been a move to proactive Risk Assessments. Now if there is an Accident, investigators will immediately want to look at your Risk Assessments, the resulting Controls implementation and then the on-going reduction in the Risks. Without such a system, key personnel as well as the Organisation can be liable for significant fines and/ or imprisonment.
- Understand your legal & other requirements – identify, document & manage your legal responsibilities, risks and associated controls
- Improve and Protect your Reputation – not only the legal requirements but also better manage & reduce near-misses & emergencies
- Required by Customers. Achieving ISO 45001 Certification is appreciated and often required by the Customer, because it reduces their risks as well.
When to start ? – Now and benefit sooner. As one Business Owner said after accreditation – Now I can sleep better”. Call or email us
Why You need it ?
Any Organisation that is serious about its Reputation and the Health & Safety of its employees and affected parties. All requirements of this International Standard are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organisations, regardless of type, size and product provided. It covers your health & safety responsibilities.
How to Gain ISO 45001 Certification
The quick answer is contact us, but there are common steps
- Review your operation compared to the Standard’s requirements & then document
- Implement, train & refine
- Check internally (Audit) & Management Review; Continue the refining
- External Check (UKAS accredited Assessor). When successful the Certification, then ongoing yearly Surveillance visits
Three Format Options for documentation of the Health & Safety Manual, Procedures / Process Diagrams and Forms:
- Text – the traditional approach but limits the opportunity for Business Improvement
- Process Diagrams – assists with clearer understanding of processes and process interaction but often cumbersome to interlink electronically
- Integrated Per4ma Business Model – Opportunity for Business Improvement, with your latest processes, asset list, risk register & documents, forms, tasks, indicator graphs and blogs
How Much Does it Cost?
Invest in your future by improving your Health & Safety Impact & Reputation. We have options to suit your situation including:
- Price Right – The Cost Effective Solution – if the Cost of achieving ISO is the critical factor. We personalise & document your Systems to comply with the relevant Standard & check compliance before UKAS accredited Assessment
- Manage Right – The Time Effective Solution – We save you Time. If you do not have the internal resources for the Documenting, Project Management & Training, we assist. We are present during Assessment.
- Risk Right – If you do not have the internal resources for the Documenting, Project Management, Admin & Training, we can assist as Deputy Quality Management Representative. We are present during Assessment.
- Support Right – Support as & when you want it – whether Onsite assistance & Auditing / Convert documentation / Additional Standards (i.e. ISO 13485, API Monogram & Q1, AS 9120 etc.) / Improvements / Refresh your System.
- Personalised Solution
Now Contact Us or email now for a free discussion or quote or for further information about Certification & Accreditation.
We emphasise the Business rather than just the Health & Safety aspect of ISO 45001.
Call us: (0)1635 595123
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a free discussion or quote or for further information about this certification standard.