According to Wikipedia, Quality Assurance is
• Quality in Business is satisfying Customer Expectations
Quality Assurance has been divided into Quality Control & Quality Management
Quality Control – ensuring products (and services) meet the specification or drawing. Therefore Quality Control is ensuring clear instructions, which are met to the required tolerance.
1. Agree the Specification
2. Implement/ manufacture to fulfil the Specification
3. Check against the Specification
Quality Control is a technical oriented discipline. The emphasis is on repeatability and managing variances
Quality Management – is ensuring the Organisation is aligned to agree and fulfil the Customer expectations. It is therefore encompassing from Sales to Service and from Purchasing to Invoicing and from Monitoring to Complaints / Improvements.
There have been many initiatives to improve the management of Quality. The one initiative that has been successful in over a million Businesses worldwide is ISO 9001 Quality Management Standards and other related ISO Management Standards. Its success is built on
1. Agreeing Customer Expectations
2. Clear documented Processes to fulfil the Expectations, carried out by trained and competent staff
3. Monitoring and improving
4. Internal & external independent auditing & checking