Date: 27 Jul 2018 0 Comment CE Mark Posted by: charles
New EN 1090-2: 2018 Standard required for steel structures and aluminium structures under the CE Mark and Construction Products Regulations has just been published in June. One Notified Body have already specified that they will be assessing Factory Production Controls(FPC) to the 2018 version from 31st Dec this year. This may affect your next Surveillance visit
Having just printed out the new Standard, we can attest that it is over 200 pages. There is not yet any detailed guidance, that we have seen as to the key changes. However after the previous industry concerns, for instance about edge embrittlement, there is now clarification and some relaxation.
EN 1090 Execution of steel and aluminium structures series of Standards now consists of the following parts:
• Part 1: Requirements for conformity assessment of structural components.
• Part 2: Technical requirements for steel structures. (Some technical requirements covered in Part 4 have been removed from EN 1090-2.)
• Part 3: Technical requirements for aluminium structures (updated revision under approval).
• Part 4: Technical requirements for thin-gauge, cold-formed steel elements and structures for roof, ceiling, and floor and wall applications (At the approval stage expected 31/01/2019).
• Part 5: Technical requirements for thin-gauge, cold-formed aluminium elements and structures for roof, ceiling, floor and wall applications.
For more detail of the general clarifications and changes, please contact Charter4 on email@example.com