Most Directors and Managers will disagree with the Title because nearly all Organisations have business critical software. However, the significant issue is the number of business-critical software programs, that often include:
1. Sales Contact software to track marketing and sales activities
2. Sales Costing and Quotations for costing and preparing Quotations
3. Order Fulfilment from managing the processes from receipt of orders to order preparation and then to despatch or handover
4. Purchasing and Supplier Management, often with Stock management
5. Support, Helpdesk and After-Sales activities
6. Financial Accounts
The result is multiple critical software programs, which do not integrate or communication effectively. Information has to be transferred inefficiently or re-entered with attendant mistakes, lack of history as well as wasted resources and delays. Additionally, there are often a multitude of Excel spreadsheets, created and managed by individual staff members, trying to fill the gaps. The results are inefficient operations, poor communication, wasted resources and mistakes.
Charter 4 Solutions do not provide or recommend a particular business-wide software program/s. However too often, we see the inefficiencies created by multiple programs. Therefore, we strongly encourage a single program to manage the critical processes from quotation to purchasing, order fulfilment and invoicing. Those organisations that have a single business operations software achieve smoother and more effective operations. Additionally, the documentation, implementation and achieving of ISO 9001 certification is significantly easier.